The Commercial Court at the Temple of Justice has cleared Mr. Steve Marvin, Deputy Minister for Commerce, from an investigation conducted by the ministry about a “trademark infringement” allegation levied against H.K. Enterprise, a Lebanese owned business by BAF Trading Corporation.The court took the decision after Minister Marvin clarified two letters at the center of the trademark dispute.The two letters are dated April 29, 2014 and January 14, 2015.The April 29 letter came from Forezer Nusapersadea, the agent of PT Forezer, the Indonesian Company that manufactured the Pop Drink and is allegedly addressed to Deputy Minister Marvin.The other letter under the caption “To Whom It May Concern” is allegedly from PT Forezer, also addressed to him.Although the content of the letters were not allowed to be read in court, LIPO relied on the letters to allegedly issue BAF’s ten-year trademark to H.K. Enterprise to import Pop Drink into the country.When Deputy Minister Marvin took the witness stand he said, the letter under the caption “To Whom It May Concern” dated January 14, 2015, believed to have come from PT Forezer, was never addressed to him.But he said it was the letter dated April 29, 2014 from Forezer Nusapersadea that he had in his possession.“I do not fully comprehend the reason behind Forezer Nusapersadea, because I never communicated with said company prior to receiving the letter on April 29, 2014,” he explained.He was requested to testify regarding proceedings at the Ministry of Commerce with respect to the trademark dispute.In his testimony about the ministry’s involvement in the disputed trademark investigation, which he was accused of being a part of, Marvin said he did not take part in the investigation that gave H.K. Enterprise exclusive rights to import Pop Drink into the country.BAF Trading Corporation instituted a petition for declaration of judgment against H.K. Enterprise claiming that the company without any legal basis obtained its trademark, which gives BAF a ten-year exclusive right to be the sole importer of Pop Drink into Liberia.A similar lawsuit was filed against the Liberia Industrial Property Office (LIPO) and the Ministry of Commerce (MOC), of which Deputy Minister Marvin was cleared.LIPO, which is by law responsible to issue trademarks to businesses in the country, was accused of being behind the trademark obtained by H.K. Enterprise to import the product.The MOC was also accused of issuing an Import Declaration Permit (IDP) that facilitated H.K. Enterprise to bring the Pop Drink into the country, for which Deputy Minister Marvin was also cleared of involvement.However, the court has already upheld the declaration judgment requested by BAF against the two public entities (MOC and LIPO).The action was based on the MOC and LIPO’s refusal to appear before the court to exonerate themselves from the allegation.Besides Minister Marvin, LIPO Acting Director General Robert Mezzeh was expected to appear to testify to documents in their possession relative to the case, but did not appear due to poor health.He has, however, been replaced by one Mr. Prince E. Deta to produce the documents today.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LA MIRADA – City Hall is losing two top managers – Assistant City Manager John DiMario and Public Safety Manager Ric Welch. DiMario had been with the city full-time since 1989. He grew up in La Mirada, began his career with the city as a part-time maintenance worker, and was hired full-time in 1989 as an administrator’s aide in the Community Resources Department. He became assistant city manager in 2001, taking charge of community development, including building, planning and redevelopment. His last day with the city was Friday. He said he made a “personal decision” to leave. City Manager Andrea Travis said DiMario told her he planned to pursue other, unspecified interests. “It’s time to move on,” DiMario said. “It’s been great in La Mirada,” he added. “I have fond memories of all the time I had there. There are great people there.” He said he plans to continue in government work and is currently looking for a job. Welch, whose last day with the city will be Friday, has found a new job as parks director for the Jurupa Community Services District in unincorporated Riverside. “It’s just a better offer,” said Welch, who lives in unincorporated Eastvale, near Riverside. “It’s closer to home. It’s in my area of expertise.” For more on this story, pick up tomorrow’s Whittier Daily News.
Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet has played down a touchline spat with Hull manager Steve Bruce during the sides’ 1-1 draw on Tuesday night.The Black Cats boss was sent to the stands for protesting a yellow card shown to Jack Rodwell for diving, and was involved in an altercation with the Tigers chief on his way from the dugout.But when asked for his take on the bizarre events, the Uruguayan insisted it was all over nothing.“I kicked a bucket…a water bottle,” said Poyet.“Unfortunately some of the water came out and it didn’t look right, so I was sent off…simple as that.“The referee sent me off and by the rules I suppose that is the decision, so I need to accept that. Yes I did kick the bottle, and a little bit hard, but that was my strength when I was a player!”But what happened with Bruce?“I’m sorry but I’m old fashioned, so what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch,” he added.“I never come out and cry like a baby, so I keep that to myself.“There hasn’t been time to see him after the game, because we get fined if we don’t speak to the press 20 minutes after, so I will probably see him later.”The 1-1 draw leaves the Black Cats just four points clear of the bottom-three, but Poyet insists the point earned against the Tigers could prove vital in their battle to avoid the drop.“It’s an important point in a difficult game,” said the coach.“For a long period it looked like the game was getting away from us, but we didn’t stop.“We didn’t create too many chances, but we tried as best we could and never gave up.”
TV3 is calling out for Donegal families to share their ‘Coming Home For Christmas’ experiences.Do you have loved ones or family members living or working abroad? Are they flying home for Christmas this Year? If so, TV3 would love to hear from you.Presenter Andrea Hayes will be at Dublin Airport to capture the magic moments when family and friends are reunited with their loved ones who have been living abroad. If you have a story to share and are interested in taking part, please visithttp://www.tv3.ie/take_part.phpApplications close Monday December 7th 2015 and TV3 will announce the air date for ‘Coming Home For Christmas’ in the coming weeks.To apply please fill in the application form, all applications need to be filled in and returned by email by: Closing date of Monday 7th December 2015 and please note applicants will need to be available for 2 to 3 days filming commitments in December 2015.TV3 will announce the air date for ‘Coming Home For Christmas’ in the coming weeks TV3 LOOKING FOR DONEGAL FAMILIES TO SHARE THEIR ‘COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS’ EXPERIENCES was last modified: November 26th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Garda Robert McCallionThe Garda Robert McCallion Memorial match will take place today (Sat) on the eve of the Donegal versus Mayo Allianz National League third round game.The Donegal Garda Divisional team will play the late Garda McCallion’s home club Swinford.This east Mayo side will travel to Letterkenny to take on the local Gardai today (Sat) at 2.30pm at O’Donnell Park in Letterkenny. All support is welcomed.MEMORIAL MATCH FOR LATE GARDA ROBBIE McCALLION was last modified: February 27th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGAAGameMayoRobert McCallion
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest After driving in the snow and freezing rain on a cold January morning, Matt Reese and Ty Higgins hoped to thaw things a bit by covering some hot topics in agriculture for the 1st Ohio Ag Net Podcast if 2018, brought to you by AgriGold. Matt highlights his conversations with Dr. Tony Forshey and Director David Daniels with the Ohio Department of Agriculture about the upcoming County Fair season. Matt also talks water quality with Dr. Kevin King with USDA. Ty recently caught up with Dr. Carl Zulauf about the prospects of a 2018 Farm Bill actually happening in 2018.
Camera assistants and focus pullers can benefit from the simple tips in this quick video.First assistant camera, or ‘camera assistants’, may be one of the hardest (and under-appreciated roles on set). Aside from maintaining and setting up/positioning all camera equipment, the first assistant camera is often in charge of ‘pulling focus‘ (although some directors of photography choose to set focus themselves). Professional film and video cameras often use a follow focus device to give greater control over the position of a camera lens focus ring. It’s up to the focus puller to ensure that the shot is properly focused on the intended talent or action, on every take. There’s little room for error.In the video tutorial above, video pro Clinton Harn shares two quick tips that can help when pulling focus:When marking focus points use dots instead of numbers. This makes it more clear for the puller, and allows you to create closer adjacent lines.Nikon and Canon lenses focus in opposite directions. Discover a handy way to remember the difference.Solid tips. The video came from an ongoing series “60 Seconds on Set” (from Rode microphones). It’s a series worth subscribing to on YouTube for quick, practical film and video tricks.For a BIG roundup of focus pulling resources, check out the Black and Blue’s tips and tricks here.
Posters declaring Union Minister and BJP MP from Nawada in Bihar, Giriraj Singh, as “missing” sprung up on the walls in his constituency on Wednesday. The posters also announced a reward of ₹11,000 to those who would provide information about him.“Union Minister and MP from Nawada Giriraj Singh has been missing for last several years…the people of Rajauli are desperately searching him…whoever sees him or gets him are kindly requested to inform the people of Rajauli…those who will inform about him will be rewarded with ₹11,000,” said the poster donning a large-size picture of Mr. Singh, who is Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the Narendra Modi Cabinet. Hindutva standRajauli is a subdivision of Nawada district, the parliamentary constituency of Mr. Singh. Mr. Singh has been often hitting headlines for his hard Hindutva stand and statements. In 2016 too a “missing” poster was pasted for Mr. Singh in Barbigha town of his constituency for non-development of the area. Soon the Minister visited Barbigha and held a meeting with the locals. Mr. Singh, though, has been visiting his constituency every now and then while holding meetings with the locals, say many in his constituency.“The poster has been pasted by some anti-social elements belonging to Opposition parties to defame our MP… everyone knows that our MP visits different parts of his constituency every month,” said Ranjit Kumar, local BJP leader in Rajauli. The local BJP workers and leaders have removed the posters. “Only recently our MP had visited several villages in the Meskaur block of Rajauli…people must be aware of such rumour-mongers and mischief makers,” said district BJP president Sashi Bhushan Kumar ‘Bablu’. Locals said the MP had promised them renovation work on National Highway-31 but it had not been started yet despite several reminders to him.
Having split with coach Pullela Gopichand in April, ace shuttler Saina Nehwal has patched things up with her mentor and has resumed training under the Hyderabadi.Speaking to Mail Today, Saina said it was a case of a minor misunderstanding and that they had put it behind them. “What happened between Gopi Sir and me is a thing of the past. I have resumed training under him,” she said.On his part, all Gopichand said was that things were back to normal. “I will not comment on anything more than this right now,” he said.It is learnt that Saina returned to Hyderabad from China a couple of days ago, after competing in the Sudirman Cup, and expressed her desire to practiceagain under Gopi. The two met for a brief discussion and sorted out their differences.Harvir Singh, Saina’s father, played a big role in making the two settle their differences, according to a Badminton Association of India (BAI) official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.”Harvir was never comfortable with the fact that Saina had left Gopi’s tutelage. In fact, he was against this move from day one. But then it was Saina whoinsisted that she wanted to team up with Bhaskar Babu,” said the official.When queried, Harvir said that he was satisfied with the outcome “Look all I can tell you now is that we are all happy with the way things have worked out,” he said.As a result of the reconciliation, Gopi Chand will be travelling with Saina in the next three major tournaments the Indian is playing in – the ThailandOpen Gold Grand Prix which begins next week, the Singapore Super Series and the Indonesia Super Series.advertisementSaina is the top seed for the event in Thailand, and is training hard for it. “Right now I am training very hard for the three tournaments which aregoing to take place over the next three consecutive weeks. Playing three tournaments in as many weeks is going to be a very arduous task,” she said.Saina said that being the top seed in Thailand Open did not bother her.”There is no pressure on me despite being the top seed,” she said.Another interesting fact is that in both the subsequent Super Series events, Saina is the defending champion. “For me, being the defending champion inSingapore and Indonesia means there is some pressure on me.”I cannot afford to lose in the early rounds. Also the field there is going to be very tough as all the leading Chinese players will be there,” she said.Saina is also happy with the fact that she defeated her long-time nemesis Wang Xin in the quarterfinal of the Sudirman Cup tie against China.”I had lost to her in our two previous matches and it was satisfying that I could beat her in her own backyard,” Saina said.”The Chinese players are anyway very difficult to beat but in front of their home fans, they come under pressure. The sheer expectations of the crowd make it difficult for them to play freely. I think that is what happened to Xin. She seemed to be unnerved by the situation and that’s what gave me an edge.”
US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte The Greek Freak is averaging 27.2 points and 12.7 rebounds per game, putting him among the league’s top 10 in both categories. Milwaukee visits Sacramento on Wednesday.The NBA-leading Bucks were also missing guards George Hill (strained left groin) and Sterling Brown (right wrist). Budenholzer says Hill likely will be out at least a few games.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesBulls guard Kris Dunn (migraine) and forward Otto Porter Jr. (strained lower left leg) also missed the game. LATEST STORIES PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Urgent reply from Philippine football chief Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations From left to right, Milwaukee Bucks forward Nikola Mirotic, center Brook Lopez, and forward Giannis Antetokounmpo sit on the bench late in the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Chicago Bulls, Monday, Feb. 25, 2019, in Chicago. (AP Photo/Nuccio DiNuzzo)CHICAGO— Milwaukee Bucks All-Star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo sat out Monday night’s game against the Chicago Bulls because of a sore right knee.Coach Mike Budenholzer says Antetokounmpo worked out Monday and the Bucks are “hopeful” his absence is “very short term.”ADVERTISEMENT Karl-Anthony Towns returns to Wolves lineup after harrowing highway crash Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments