Tag: 杭州潇湘阁网站

Fears new Letterkenny road could create more traffic congestion

first_img Fears new Letterkenny road could create more traffic congestion Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme AudioHomepage BannerNews Pinterest WhatsApp Pinterest Twitter Twitter Facebookcenter_img WhatsApp Google+ Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Previous articleCentral bank expects wages to rise faster than previously thoughtNext articleCalls for revival of Oldtown pitch to Donegal League Standard News Highland Facebook Google+ DL Debate – 24/05/21 By News Highland – April 12, 2018 There are fears that the new Joe Bonner Road in Letterkenny could create more traffic problems for the town.The road is to be situated between the Council offices and the new Aldi and will link the Port Road onto the Neil T Blaney road once complete.Donegal County Council is planning to erect traffic lights as part of traffic management in the area but Cllr. Dessie Sheils believes that this will lead to further congestion issues.He says this is a very busy part of the town and a roundabout would be more fitting:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/dessiefgfgfdgdjoebonner.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th last_img read more

Continue Reading

Norway’s oil fund could divest NOK300bn from oil and gas stocks

first_imgThe manager of Norway’s giant sovereign wealth fund has recommended divesting from more than NOK300bn (€31bn) of oil and gas equities.Norges Bank wrote to the Ministry of Finance today, recommending removing oil and gas sectors from its benchmark index.Øystein Olsen, chairman of Norges Bank, and Yngve Slyngstad, chief executive of Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), wrote: “In this letter, we conclude that the vulnerability of government wealth to a permanent drop in oil and gas prices will be reduced if the fund is not invested in oil and gas stocks, and advise removing these stocks from the fund’s benchmark index.”The two men said this advice was based exclusively on financial arguments.  “It does not reflect any particular view of future movements in oil prices or the profitability or sustainability of the oil and gas sector,” they wrote.NBIM is the arm of the central bank which manages the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG). The fund was launched to invest the proceeds from Norway’s oil reserves.Norges Bank said its analyses of the oil price risk in Norway’s overall government wealth were based on the government’s future oil and gas revenues, its direct holdings in Statoil and the GPFG. “The investments in the GPFG and the stake in Statoil result in a total exposure to oil and gas equities for the government that is twice as large as would be the case in a broad global equity index,” the bank said.This exposure increased dramatically when the government’s future oil and gas revenues were also taken into account, it said.Oil and gas equities made up about 6% of the GPFG’s benchmark index or just over NOK300bn, Norges Bank said, and 4% of GPFG’s investment portfolio.The bank said that the oil fund accounted for a much larger share of the government’s wealth than it did in previous years, and so was an integral part of fiscal policy.For this reason, NBIM said in its current two-year strategy plan that it would adopt a broader wealth perspective when advising the ministry.last_img read more

Continue Reading

Antique resort owners told to observe safety standards

first_img“Safe physical distancing, continuous sanitation and disinfecting should be observed by owners of the tourism facilities,” Antique Provincial Tourism Office (APTO) head Juan Carlos Perlas, said recently. According to Perlas, the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis greatly affected the tourism industry in this province. “We hope our domestic tourists would be more encouraged to visit and promote the local destinations,” he said. To ensure safe physical distancing, they were also instructed to only accommodate fifty percent of their guest capacity, he added. Since Antique is part of the One Panay Community Quarantine which began June 1, residents of Panay Island would be enticed to visit the Calawag Mountain Resort and other destinations in this province, Calawag added.(With a report from PNA/PN) SAN JOSE, Antique – Resort owners in this province were reminded to always strictly observe health and safety standards as tourism activities resume. “We would have to start from the bottom with new rules, but we are optimistic that Antique has always been different from usual places – laid back and without the large crowd,” he said. “We used to have 50 employees, but we had to downsize due to COVID-19,” he stressed.center_img Meanwhile, Flord Nickson Calawag, owner of the Calawag Mountain Resort in Barangay Tono, Tibiao, said that they were forced to let go half of their staff because of the community quarantine. Based on the data provided by the APTO, some 210 tourism facilities in this province temporarily closed during the enhanced community quarantine period last March.Perlas, however, is positive that the beautiful beaches and other tourist spots in this province will bounce back from their losses. According to Calawag, the guests of their resort are required to wash their hands upon arrival while those who have fever or are coughing will not be granted entry. Calawag added that they adhere to Memorandum Circular Number 2020-002 of the Department of Tourism that details health and safety guidelines on the operations of accommodation establishments under the new normal.The reopening of the Calawag Mountain Resort’s fish spa, rubber tubing and other adventure activities has started luring tourists. Calawag said their resort resumed operations on June 1 in line with this province’s shift to modified general community quarantine as directed by Gov. Rhodora Cadiao through her Executive Order No. 65.  The Calawag Mountain Resort in Tibiao town is now open again for tourists following the shift of Antique to modified general community quarantine. Resort owners in the province were reminded to always strictly observe health and safety standards in their operations. ESCAPE MANILAlast_img read more

Continue Reading

NBBF Calls for Calm as FIBA Deadline is Here

first_imgThe Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) has called for calm ahead of tonight’s deadline given by the Federation of International Basketball Associations (FIBA) to the Nigeria Olympic Committee to find an amicable solution to the NBBF leadership impasse.At a media briefing held yesterday at the secretariat of Lagos SWAN, the Vice President of the NBBF, Babs Ogunade, gave an assurance that the decision of the apex body will only establish a solid framework for future elections in Nigeria. Ogunade said that the board had compromised several times just for the sake of basketball and its growth but the outgone board had been so adamant despite attempts by the NBBF President, Musa Kida to open up communication.“We had to sign an undertaken before the Federal Government could allow them use the Indoor Sports Hall in Lagos for the conclusion of the Zenith Women’s final 6 and the concluding part of the Premier League for women.“When we went to Cotonou for the FIBA Africa 3×3 zonal qualifiers, another team was sent by the Kano group. When it was our turn to play, the Kano team received a call to also come on court despite not registering for the competition. The intention was to cause confusion and create an impression that there was a crisis, but out of maturity, we had to step down our teams in other not to embarrass the country.“When we went to Madagascar for the draws for the African Champions Cup, the Kano group also sent representatives to come and represent Nigeria, but FIBA in their wisdom related with us,” stressed Ogunade.Also speaking at the event, the international representative on the NBBF board, Col. Samuel Ahmedu (rtd) denied claims that FIBA did not recognise their election.“According to the letter sent to the different groups and the NOC, FIBA categorically stated that they were investigating the allegations of government interference during the conduct of the June 13 elections held in Abuja under the supervision of NOC.”Ahmedu said the result of their findings will determine FIBA’s decision. He corroborated the VP’s claim that the Kano group just wanted to create an artificial crisis where there was none.“Despite our clear cut directives to teams not to participate in the final 6 and final 8 competitions subject to approval, we still compromised and allowed the teams that emerged from that championship to represent Nigeria at the international stage.”Ahmedu who is the Benue state basketball association chairman pointed fingers at the former board for several attempts to sabotage the country’s effort during the preparations for the cup of nations for men and women.“When we were preparing for the women’s competition, the former board called some of the players not to report to camp because a special camping arrangement had been made for the players to be camped in Tunisia. For the men, most of the 2015 set who won the Afrobasket were influenced not to come play for their fatherland. Because of that, many of them gave different excuses while some demanded to be paid as much as 200,000 dollars before playing for Nigeria.”The players’ representative on the board, Ejike Ugboaja maintained that FIBA who are interested in promoting the game globally will look for alternatives rather than banning Nigeria who are the reigning champions in the African cup of nations for women and FIBA Africa 3×3 competition for men.“The players just want to play basketball. We are tired of the efforts by some people to destroy the fibre of basketball in Nigeria.”He blamed Umar for the crisis rocking the Nigerian basketball and the embarrassment at the international level.“He knew his time was up, that was why he went to Kano to conduct an election on the 12th of June. His plan was to use the election to muddle up the pond and create a rancorous situation which will force round table discussions.”He said in line with the FIBA guidelines, the former president of the NBBF, Tijani Umar has completed his mandate of two terms and he is statute barred to even contest for another term of four years.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Continue Reading