Tag: 松江喝茶微信

South African runner Semenya defiant after court ruling

first_imgRelatedPosts Semenya loses appeal against CAS ruling over testosterone regulations Semenya switches to 200m in bid to compete at Tokyo Olympics Semenya lashes out at IAAF South African athlete Caster Semenya was defiant Wednesday in the wake of the appeal she lost at Switzerland’s Federal Supreme Court against testosterone level restrictions for female runners.The 29-year-old Semenya, who reportedly is intersex, has said she would not use medication to allow her to continue racing the 800 metres. “A man can change the rules but the very same man cannot rule my life,” the two-time Olympic 800 metres champion said on Twitter.Semenya lost an appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport last year against a rule change by the ruling body World Athletics.The rule was that women with elevated testosterone levels must reduce them via medication if they want to compete in distances between 400m and a mile — or run other distances.The Swiss Supreme Court said on Tuesday that it could not look into the original ruling by CAS itself.It however said it could only look into whether the CAS had violated general legal proceedings — which was not the case. “I have won this battle long ago. Go back to my achievements, then you will understand. Doors might be closed, not locked,” Semenya added on Twitter.South Africa’s government- which has always strongly backed Semenya-called the latest court decision “very unfortunate and offensive to the fundamental human rights of female athletes classified hyperandrogenic’’.“We call upon all South Africans, Africans and the entire world to rally behind Caster in our quest to defeat injustice against women in sports and in particular African women,” Sports Minister Nathi Mthethwa said in a statement Wednesday.The government said they were considering their next course of action.World Athletics welcomed the ruling, saying its regulations are “a legitimate and proportionate means of protecting the right of all female athletes to participate in our sport on fair and meaningful terms’’. But Human Rights Watch slammed the decision in a statement, calling it “discriminatory’’ and saying it creates “a regime of discriminatory surveillance and medical interventions on women’’.The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner has also previously recommended revoking eligibility regulations for women athletes like those enforced by World Athletics.Semenya’s lawyers have noted in a statement that the court ruling means she would be prevented from defending her 800m gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics in the summer of 2021.(dpa/NAN)Tags: Caster SemenyaCourt rulingSouth African athletelast_img read more

Continue Reading

FA to study tackle footage

first_img Haidara suffered potential knee ligament damage and the incident resulted in Newcastle assistant manager John Carver and Wigan coach Graham Barrow being sent to the stands after a melee developed at the end of the first half. Newcastle manager Alan Pardew claimed Halsey had said he had not seen the incident. “He (Halsey) said ‘if I’ve missed it I apologise’ – that was at half-time,” said Pardew. “It is an awful challenge. The pictures speak for themselves. I thought it was a bad challenge and I was 60 yards from the incident.” Press Association FA disciplinary officials are also waiting for the report of referee Mark Halsey before making a decision. Usually, on-the-ball incidents cannot be dealt with retrospectively as it is seen as challenging the opinion of the referee. If however, Halsey reports he did not see the studs-up lunge by McManaman because he was unsighted then there is the possibility the Wigan player could be charged. center_img The Football Association will study all the available TV footage of Wigan forward Callum McManaman’s challenge on Newcastle’s Massadio Haidara before deciding if retrospective action can be brought against the 21-year-old.last_img read more

Continue Reading

Update on the latest in sports:

first_imgIt was not immediately clear how the cuts would affect the group’s F1 operation. The sport has yet to start its 2020 season amid the pandemic.The cuts represent about a quarter of the group’s workforce.COLLEGE ADMISSIONS-BRIBERYProsecutors say guilty plea coming in college bribery caseUNDATED (AP) — Prosecutors say a Pennsylvania man has agreed to plead guilty to bribing Georgetown University’s former tennis coach to get his daughter admitted as a fake athletic recruit. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditWORLD TEAMTENNIS-FANSWorld TeamTennis hoping to play before fans within weeksUNDATED (AP) — World TeamTennis says it is planning to allow up to 500 spectators at outdoor matches during its three-week season from July 12 to Aug. 2 at a resort in West Virginia. May 26, 2020 Sixty-one-year-old Robert Repella, of Ambler, Pennsylvania, is expected to plead guilty Tuesday to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. Prosecutors are recommending a sentence of 10 years in prison and a $40,000 fine.Charging documents released Tuesday say Repella paid Georgetown tennis coach Gordon Ernst $50,000 in 2017 to get his daughter admitted as an athlete.Repella is the 55th person to be charged in the nationwide college admissions bribery scandal.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Update on the latest in sports: All tennis events sanctioned by the ATP, WTA and International Tennis Federation are on hold at least until late July because of the coronavirus pandemic. But World TeamTennis is not affiliated with those tours and no ATP or WTA ranking points are available for its matches.World TeamTennis is increasing its prize money to $5 million. That is $1.5 million more than for its 2019 season.VIRUS OUTBREAK-MCLARENF1 carmaker McLaren to cut 1,200 jobsUNDATED (AP) — Formula One carmaker McLaren says 1,200 jobs will be lost across its entire group’s operations because of the coronavirus outbreak. Associated Press last_img read more

Continue Reading

Ishmael Addo set to join Edubiase

first_imgFormer Hearts of Oak striker and three time Ghana Premier League goal king Ishmael Addo, is set to join MTN FA Cup winners New Edubiase United by close of the week.The 1999 Fifa U-17 World Cup top scorer had a failed career in Europe after warming benches of clubs in France, Israel, Greece and Cyprus.The 30year has been on holidays in Ghana since 2008 after a loan spell with India football club East Bengal but the Bekwai side is optimistic of his exploits.Meanwhile President of the club, Abdul Salam Yakubu in an interview with Asempa sports ” my side would need experienced players like Addo next season in our quest to make an impact in the Ghana premier league and Africa cup campaign come next season”.New Edubiase will represent Ghana in next year’s CAF Africa confederations Cup competition and Abdul Salam believes his side’s new signings like Samed Oppong, Addo Quaye Addo ,Fuseini Nuhu, Fuseini Alhassan will boost the club’s performance in every competition it finds itself come next season.last_img read more

Continue Reading