Pinterest Luncheon fundraiser By Digital AIM Web Support – February 24, 2021 Belmont Baptist Church and Student Ministries has scheduled a Spaghetti & Meatballs Luncheon Fundraiser from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at the church, 806 N. Belmont Ave. The menu will also include green beans, salad and dessert. Donations will be accepted. Twitter TAGS WhatsApp Local News Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Previous article022319_Ratliff_Road_Race_jf_08Next articleGIRLS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL: Odessa High pulls off crucial win over Midland High in thriller Digital AIM Web Support Facebook Pinterest
Metro Nashville Police Department via Getty ImagesBy MEREDITH DELISO and JACK DATE, ABC News(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) — Authorities are exploring evidence that Nashville, Tennessee, bombing suspect Anthony Quinn Warner was interested in various conspiracy theories, sources familiar with the investigation told ABC News.The theories include ones involving “lizard people” — a belief that shape-shifting reptilian creatures appear in human form and are bent on world domination.Warner, 63, of Antioch, Tennessee, is also believed to have spent time hunting for alien life forms in a nearby state park, sources said.Some writings found by investigators believed to be associated with Warner, who was killed in the Christmas Day RV explosion, contain ramblings about assorted conspiracy theories, sources said.Multiple law enforcement sources also told ABC News earlier this week that investigators looked at whether Warner had paranoia about 5G cellular technology.It is unclear if any of these beliefs or behaviors are connected to the explosion, which damaged dozens of buildings on Second Avenue in downtown Nashville and sent three people to the hospital with minor injuries. The RV was parked outside an AT&T transmission building, which was also damaged.Warner was identified Sunday after investigators matched tissue found at the blast to DNA from gloves and a hat inside a car the suspect owned, an official said.Law enforcement sources confirm to ABC News that Nashville police were told in 2019 that Warner was building bombs in his RV.According to a Metro Nashville Police Department report dated Aug. 21, 2019, and obtained by ABC News, a woman told police her boyfriend, Warner, was “building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence.”An attorney present when police arrived last year, Raymond T. Throckmorton III, told authorities he represented both the woman and Warner said that he “talks about the military and bomb-making.”Police visited Warner’s residence and “knocked on the door but did not receive an answer,” according to the report. They also “observed that there was a trailer in the back yard, but the yard was fenced off and police could not see inside the RV,” the report said.A Metro Nashville Police Department investigator followed up with the FBI to see if they had any additional information related to Warner, the report said.The FBI, in a statement provided to ABC News, said it “received a request from the Metro Nashville Police Department to check our holdings on Anthony Warner and subsequently found no records at all. Additionally, the FBI facilitated a Department of Defense inquiry on Warner at the request of the Metro Nashville Police Department, which was also negative.”Investigators are now continuing to analyze chemical residue from the scene of last week’s explosion and are working to narrow down the chemicals that were likely used to make the explosive device.They are also looking into how the suspect allegedly acquired the bomb-making materials to ensure there were no accomplices.Sources told ABC News that receipts and credit card account information indicates Warner allegedly purchased items that could be used to construct a bomb, though they cautioned that certain common chemicals have uses that could have nothing to do with bomb-making. Authorities are sorting through Warner’s recent purchases to determine whether those items were allegedly used in the device or had some other purpose, sources said.The FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are leading the investigation. As of Tuesday afternoon, their response teams had investigated nearly half of the crime scene and hoped to complete it by Friday at the latest, the FBI said in a statement.FBI and ATF agents and behavioral analysts are also continuing to interview people who knew the suspect “to try to understand why this happened,” the FBI said.Anyone who knew the suspect and hasn’t yet spoken with investigators is asked to call 800-CALL-FBI.Before the explosion, an eerie recording counted down to detonation and the Petula Clark song “Downtown” played from the RV. On Tuesday, Clark expressed her “shock and disbelief” at the blast — and use of her song leading up to it.“Of all the thousands of songs — why this one?” she wrote in a Facebook post.“Of course, the opening lyric is ‘When you’re alone and life is making you lonely you can always go Downtown.’ But millions of people all over the world have been uplifted by this joyful song,” she wrote. “Perhaps you can read something else into these words — depending on your state of mind. It’s possible.”Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
View post tag: build View post tag: Warship Industry news View post tag: News by topic Share this article Back to overview,Home naval-today Taiwan Plans to Build New ‘Stealth’ Warship View post tag: plans View post tag: Taiwan View post tag: Navy April 18, 2011 View post tag: New Taiwan plans to build a new ‘stealth’ warship armed with guided-missiles next year in response to China’s naval build-up, a top military off…(straitstimes)[mappress]Source: straitstimes, April 18, 2011; Taiwan Plans to Build New ‘Stealth’ Warship View post tag: Naval View post tag: stealth
The second annual StandUp4SEALS Beach Challenge fielded a combined 311 adult competitors and more than 100 kids, and the event raised close to $50,000 for the families of fallen Navy SEALS.The event consists of three simultaneous races, including a beach obstacle course, a stand-up paddleboard race and a kids’ run. The races are visible from the downtown blocks of the Ocean City Boardwalk and provide a Memorial Day Weekend spectacle for Ocean City visitors.Anybody who wants to race, sponsor or volunteer next year can visit standup4seals.com to learn more.The StandUp4SEALS team would like to publish the following letter of thanks to the community:The 2014 StandUp4SEALs event has successfully come to a close! There is one last thing we want to do before we start planning next year’s event, and that is Thank the entire community of Ocean City for supporting this great cause!LCDR Ben Charles, our MC, did not only host the event, but was a huge help all weekend setting up and cleaning up after the event. Thank you Ben, we are all proud and honored to call you a friend.It is important to know that such a successful event does not happen without the support of Ocean City, starting at the top with Mayor Jay Gillian and his wife Michele, as well as Kathy Caraballo.The entire public works crew worked with us each morning, starting at 4:30 am, moving sand to make the most challenging 2.75 mile race course most of our 311 adult racers have participated in. Chief Chris Breunig and his team never disappoint with one of our favorite obstacles, the OCFD plunge pit.Mobilization and logistics of this event is extremely challenging, requiring a vast amount of support. Under the leadership of Chief Chad Callahan and Captain Jay Prettyman, the police department is always there to help and assist before, during, and after this event; we cannot execute StandUP4SEALs without them.Bill and Becky Jenkins from OC paddle along Tom Mullineaux and the OCBP is a key ingredient to any successful water based event, thank you for all of your hard work and setting up the paddle board course.Race day communication and parking is a necessity for StandUp4SEALs, Frank Donato and his team responded beyond belief providing solutions for both.The biggest change to this year’s event was the location — the Ocean City Music Pier. Tim Beakley and the crew at that run the Music Pier were a pleasure to work with, they truly exceeded our expectations.It takes a team of hardworking individuals volunteering their time and skills to design, build and construct the course. For the second year in a row, Dean Adams has volunteered and donated time, labor, and material. This huge commitment is appreciated beyond words.Avery and Jackie Teitler have committed countless hours on this project for the last several months, all the way up to pacing this year’s race, thank you.The Minehan, Wilson, and Frank crew always provide key support the weekend of the event — from registration to beach set up and everywhere in between. Lance Miller, who runs events for a living was an enormous help all weekend as well.Did you participate in the SEALS Cold Water Challenge? This was the brainchild of one our devoted volunteers and dear friend, Ron Gifford, raising almost $2,000. If you were challenged and did not pay up, there is still time!If you would still like to make a contribution to Support the Navy Seal Foundation and Travis Manion Foundation, please visit our website www.standup4seals.com and click the ‘Donate Now’ tab.At 4:00 AM on Saturday as we awoke to set up for the race, we received an e-mail thread forwarded from Mike’s mother. It was from a friend of hers whose son Miles Huey, a Marine who was in the same Naval Academy class as Travis Manion and Brendan Looney (SEAL). (Brothers Forever) Miles was moved by the efforts StandUp4SEALs makes to benefit our Military and honor the sacrifices made by our peers in uniform serving this country. He was thrilled the funds raised go to his two favorite veteran organizations.Often we are asked why we do this event and the answer to that question is simple — to give back and pay respect to all who have served our country and continue to guarantee our freedom. For the 2.6 million troops of our generation that have deployed, to ensure we all can enjoy a great community such as Ocean City, That is why we do this. We look forward to another great event next year – Contact us and get involved for 2015!Thank you again,The StandUp4SEALs team:Patrick, Chad, Kristen, Amie, and Mike
The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) has advised the government to radically reduce intake of free sugars in the population’s diet, while upping fibre consumption. The SACN today made a final judgement on sugar, fibre and wholegrains as part of its Carbohydrates and Health report.It now recommends that the average intake of free sugars should account for no more than 5% of daily dietary energy intake – posing major implications on the food and drink industry. This means that adults consuming more than seven cubes of sugar a day will be exceeding recommended limits.Despite this, it reinforced that starchy carbohydrates and wholegrain should form 50% of daily calorie intake, while increasing recommendations for the intake of fibre.The report said that those aged 16 and over should increase their intake of fibre to 30g a day, 25g for 11 to 15-year-olds, 20g for 5 to 11-year-olds and 15g for 2 to 5-year olds.This decision has been welcomed by the baking industry, as bread is recognised as a good source of fibre.The report concluded:High levels of sugar consumption are associated with a greater risk of tooth decay.The higher the proportion of sugars in the diet, the greater the risk of high energy intake.Drinking high-sugar beverages results in weight gain and increases in BMI in teenagers and children.Consuming too many high-sugar beverages increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.It states: “The evidence considered in this report endorses a dietary pattern concerning carbohydrates that is based on a variety of food sources but limiting the amounts consumed of table sugar and rich sources of free sugars, such as preserves and sweet spreads, fruit juice, confectionery, biscuits, buns and cakes. The report also provides evidence that sugars-sweetened beverages should be consumed in minimal (i.e. infrequently and in small) amounts.”What do you think? Let us know at [email protected] or tweet us at @BritishBaker.See the full report here.
The crash happened around 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday, the report stated. Gonzales was navigating the road when he was sideswiped by a bus carrying repatriated overseas Filipino workers bound for Roxas City, Capiz, police said. He was rushed to the Don Valerio Palmares Sr. Memorial District Hospital in said city but was later declared dead. ILOILO City – A 52-year-old motorcycle driver was killed when he was hit by a passenger bus in Barangay Man-it, Passi City.Jonathan Gonzales of Barangay Poblacion Ilawod, Passi City sustained fatal injuries on the head and body, a police report showed. As of this writing, the Passi City police had not identified the bus driver, who fled after the incident./PN
MELBOURNE, Australia (Reuters) – Steve Smith has said his side’s record in 2017 is unacceptable for an Australian cricket team in the wake of the one-day international series loss to India.Australia’s five-wicket defeat in Indore saw them fall 3-0 behind in the five-match series, and was their 11th loss in their past 13 ODIs away from home. The other two matches were rain-affected no results.With the Ashes looming in two months, the Australia skipper said his team needed to get back to winning ways fast.“It’s a different format (to the Ashes) but I’d certainly like to start winning some games of cricket in every format to be honest,” Smith told reporters.”It’s pretty ordinary. Not good enough for an Australian cricket team and we need to start turning the results around and winning some games.”It’s been a bit of a trend for this format and the Test format as well.“We’re quite often getting ourselves into good positions and we’re not taking advantage of those and today was no different.”Australia have won just three out of 17 matches across all three formats since the ODI series victory at home against Pakistan in January.Smith’s men will be keen to break their win drought, mindful that an ODI series whitewash away to South Africa last year preceded the 2-1 Test series defeat against the same opponents on home soil.”It’s always hard to take when you lose,“ Smith said. ”(As captain) you’ve got to continue to try and motivate them and get them up for their next two games.“We continually address it and it’s just hard to put the finger on exactly what it is we’re doing or not doing to get the results we’re after.”The fourth ODI is in Bengaluru on Thursday.